Monday, November 12, 2012

China Glaze Roguish Red

Pin It
I have red nail polish prejudice. Whenever I think of it my mind conjures up skanks and those old ladies who wear tons of makeup. Despite this I bought all of the China Glaze Wicked Collection which included a red, Roguish Red. This color doesn't bring to mind either of the classy gals I mentioned. Instead it reminds me of Merida from Pixar's Brave. Roguish Red reminds me of her hair color and it sounds like a cute nickname for her.

Left to right: Orly Bonder, China Glaze Roguish Red, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

My previous manicure used Orly Bonder as the basecoat and had a Finger Paints polish on top lasted for a whole week with minimal chipping! I couldn't believe it. I used a coat of Bonder after taking all the previous polish off.

I then swatched on China Glaze Roguish Red. Roguish Red is part of the Wicked Collection for this Fall. It is a bright orangey red creme. This was my first time using a China Glaze nail polish (shocking, I know). I loved the formula. Roguish Red could have easily been a one coater, it's that pigmented. It's really thin but not watery though so I went ahead and did a second coat. Love it.

I then painted on a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. There was no change in color or gloss.

Artificial lighting with flash
Definitely haven't been converted to a fan of red nail polish but I do like this one. I might do a little stamping in white in the next few days over it but I'm undecided how long I want to wear this color. We shall see!


I'm really eager to start holiday and snow type manicures after having the first snow of the year last week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment