Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Orly R.I.P. and Sinful Colors Cloud 9

Pin It
My very first polish post! Hi there. I expect to be talking to myself for a long while, if not forever but that's completely okay. Cataloging my pictures is plenty fun. I do hope my posts can help someone else out though! I don't buy any polish without looking up swatches and reading thoughts.

I love Halloween but haven't done much for it this year. In fact, I haven't even carved a pumpkin or gotten anything costume-like! I remedied that a bit by giving my nails a Halloween look.

Left to right: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, Orly Bonder, NYC Black Lace Creme, Sinful Colors Cloud 9, Orly R.I.P.
This was my first time using Orly Bonder as a basecoat. I had previously been using Sally Hansen Triple Strong but I think it was causing my actual nail to peel. Bonder was probably the easiest 'polish' I've ever put on. It's a rubberized basecoat which is supposed to grip the polish for up to two weeks of perfection. Hmmm, we'll see. I'm exceptionally rough on my nails though and would be happy with 3 to 5 days.

Sinful Colors Cloud 9 is a shimmery orange that goes on fairly sheer. I applied 3 thin coats but I think next time I will go for a fourth since there's a slight hint of nail line still.

I choose to do a black, glitter accent nail but made the mistake of using NYC Black Lace Creme as the base black. This is how new I am to nail polish: I don't know if it's just because I purchased this in a Target where people like to paint samples everywhere (jerks!) or if it's typical of the NYC formula but yuck! Black Lace Creme was a sticky mess. It's incredibly opaque though, I'll give it that. I could have gotten away with only one coat if it hadn't gone on like old glue. I ended up doing two and getting away with it since Orly R.I.P. has a black tinted jelly.

Over NYC Black Lace Cream I applied a single coat of Orly R.I.P. R.I.P. is part of both their Flash Glam FX Collection and the Spellbound Collection. It is a clear black jelly with large hexagonal orange glitters and tiny slightly lighter orange glitter. I didn't do anything special when applying it, R.I.P. went on really easily and didn't need any maneuvering. It worked wonders on smoothing the NYC mess out.

I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Love it, that is all!

Natural lighting
This is the finished product! Please ignore my messy paint job. I've never been an artsy person. 'Clean up' would result in half my nail polish being taken off so I'll leave it with the slight cuticle mess. Also, the accent nail looks a little wonky in this picture. It's just angle and reflection.


Are your nails painted for Halloween? Have a safe and sugary holiday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment